Tips for a book launch on Zoom
(Note: I recorded this for one particular author)
Points I mention in the video:
1. You didn’t ask for this, but here it is.
2. It can help to record a video in advance, for the event organiser to circulate – saying hi, thanks for coming etc, and requesting comments and questions from your audience beforehand so you can address them in your talk.
3. When the event takes place, acknowledge these comments and questions, apologise for not being able to go into them all, and give your favourites an airing.
4. Openly acknowledge that it’s a bit weird meeting this way, but you’re happy to imagine your unseen audience, perhaps they’re watching in eg pyjamas, picking their nose, but that’s fine, you’re delighted to have them with you.
5. Regularly acknowledge the unseen audience by saying eg, “I hope this all makes sense, please let me know if there’s something that doesn’t”.
That’s all! I hope it’s helpful.