How to do an interview without words? The Sound of Silence podcast invited me to try:
This episode’s guest is John Paul Flintoff. JP is a writer, mostly, who has written for lots of newspapers, magazines and five books, which he doesn’t want me to describe. He’s been quite unwell this year but is feeling much better. Recorded on a Thames beach near Blackfriars, London.
Steve Chapman, host of the podcast, conjured silence with 99 other people, including several who are well known. Take a look, here
- "When I'm On My Deathbed I'll Remember This"
- On The Pleasures Of Copying Out Great Writing By Hand
- A Guide To Being A Coachy Friendy Agenty Kind Of Person
- My First Wedding Speech: blow by blow, by Rebecca Twomey
- "It's A Sin To Bore For Jesus"
- Talking As Therapy, And Just Talking
- "Read It Aloud": an interview with voice artist Kris Dyer
- How To Do A Wedding Speech?
- What Happened To Brendan?
- How I Tried To Understand My Audience