Coaching For Law Firms | Breakdown To Recovery
Individual Coaching, For Lawyers Who Are Struggling
The person delivering that talk, about going into psychiatric hospital when it all got too much, and gradually getting stronger than ever – is me.
Afterwards, I tend to receive many comments from people who recognised something of their own lives in what I described.
This video gives a sense of the comments and questions I receive when I give the talks over Zoom:
NEW: Individual Coaching For Lawyers
Now I’m offering to work with individual lawyers who feel they are struggling. Lawyers who feel they’re on the verge of breakdown. Lawyers who are coming back after going through it.
I know how terrifying this can be, and I know that the strong feelings will pass. You’ll be stronger for having come through this. Less afraid. You’ll have a better capacity to take care of yourself, and others. You’ll be able to cope again with the pressures of fee-earning.
I’ve had a lot of therapy, in groups and one-to-one, but I’m not a therapist. I just want to be clear about that. I’m like you, and I work as your equal. I won’t judge, or pretend I have all the answers.
I bring to this work
- deep understanding of lawyers and law firms (I was writer and editor on legal trade magazines for several years),
- years of actual coaching experience (I trained with CTI, based in California, and went through full certification), and
- confidence in dealing with all kinds of people, derived from years of working as a journalist (I wrote for and edited the magazines of The Sunday Times and The Financial Times.
How This Is Structured
I know you are under a great deal of pressure, and make my coaching as flexible as possible by taking on relatively few clients.
If we do agree to work together, I offer these options (payable in advance):
- 12 x one-hour sessions, or
- 6 x two-hour sessions, or
- 8 months of as many sessions as you like, each one as short or as long as you like.
This last option may sound impossibly generous, but I want to make a real difference, and trust that you won’t waste my time.
All sessions are on Zoom, or by phone. Naturally, everything is confidential.
Law Firms I’ve Worked With
Law firms where I have given talks about breakdown and recovery include:
- Slaughter and May
- Mishcon de Reya
- Clyde & Co
In this episode from my podcast, Joanne Gubbay of Slaughter and May describes what happened:
And in this episode, I discuss coaching generally, with probably Britain’s leading coach, Jenny Rogers:
My availability is limited. I would most like to work with the firms I’ve worked with previously, where my credibility, experience and skills are already known.