How To Be A Better Speaker And Presenter / Birketts / 3
It’s not complicated
I promised to tell you why delivering the training in instalments is best.
Very simply, it’s because anticipation is more likely to make people want to learn.
And with speaker training in particular, it gives participants a greater opportunity to experience the build up of (mild) dread that goes before any performance.
Not very complicated, is it?
The beginning and the end
For this reason, I recommend that the training should start even before it starts, and continue after it ends.
By which I mean, I like to share a bit of content beforehand to warm up participants. And I share ideas and challenges a little while later, to ensure the learning isn’t forgotten.
In the past I’ve done this with automated emails, web-based text- and video-lessons and / or a private Facebook or LinkedIn groups.
I can help you structure it, and even build it entirely.
And that, in a nutshell, is how I work.
Companies and organisations where I’ve delivered talks or workshops include:
1. “Most effective of all mental health talks I’ve attended” – participant
2. “Eloquent and talented… would definitely recommend” – organiser
3. “Engaging, moving and thought provoking” – organiser
4. “A talk that everyone needs to hear” – organiser
5. “We have had such positive feedback to your talk” – organiser
Book me soon
As indicated already, I strongly recommend getting some content written and recorded in advance.
It doesn’t take me long to create this, but my diary is filling up. Not least because I recently published a book all about this:
Note: if required, my publisher can supply discounted books in bulk.
Previously, I have charged
- £3,000 plus VAT for an hour-long, live and interactive talk to 250 people at Accenture
- £4,000 plus VAT for a day’s filming for Aviva
- much less for non-profits
This should give you a sense of my fee if you only want me to speak.
If you would like me to create additional content, my day rate for that is £1,600.
PS. Please note that this training proposal will expire on 22 April 2021