How To Be A Better Speaker And Presenter
A training proposal for Shaun Savory, Birketts
You asked me to write a proposal for training in speaking and presenting at Birketts.
I found this nice photo of your office and some of your people. I hope you don’t mind me adding it here.
Please note that this training proposal will expire on 22 April 2021
Goals of the training
- Build confidence
- Teach a simple but robust system for preparing any talk
- Share techniques that work both in person and online
What we will cover:The training is modelled on classical rhetoric1
- Invention, or Working out what the talk should be
- Arrangement, aka Making sense of your material
- Style: Polishing up what you have prepared
- Memory, and what to do if you don’t want to memorise it all
- Delivery, including how to throw away what you have prepared, if the occasion requires it
Note 1. But a lot more fun than that sounds
I am happy to deliver the training in person or online. Either way, it will combine:
- lively, informal interaction (see picture below), and
- opportunities for quiet introspection.
A previous workshop, with Lawyers On Demand
It can be delivered in two ways, to suit you:
- in a single day, with breaks
- over 5 × 90 min sessions, roughly a week apart
Doing it all in a single day may be more convenient for you.