In this episode of an ADEQUATE podcast, I interview my agent Jaime Marshall about how A Modest Book About How To Make An Adequate Speech came into being.
We talk about the title, and the business of putting together the book proposal that Jaime submitted to my publisher, Short Books.
In the podcast, I refer to a photo that you may have seen already in yesterday’s blog post. But I like it so much I’m posting it again:
Also in this episode, I mention something coming up in April, where you will be able to join me as we swap stories. If you are a regular reader, you may recall that I first started doing this Desktop Pilgrimage in April 2020, just after lockdown came into force.
Before you go… it would be remiss not to mention that you can buy my book here: amzn.to/3cyiuEN
Over and out.
- "I Thought I Didn't Need Supervision" | Interview with Jenny Rogers
- "When I'm On My Deathbed I'll Remember This"
- On The Pleasures Of Copying Out Great Writing By Hand
- A Guide To Being A Coachy Friendy Agenty Kind Of Person
- My First Wedding Speech: blow by blow, by Rebecca Twomey
- "It's A Sin To Bore For Jesus"
- Talking As Therapy, And Just Talking
- "Read It Aloud": an interview with voice artist Kris Dyer
- How To Do A Wedding Speech?
- What Happened To Brendan?