In which we start where we stopped on Day 11, Rochester Cathedral.
Where we go
- Back along the Medway, through Borstal
- Under the flyover we decorated with grafitti yesterday (miraculously clean now)
- Aylesford Priory
- How much the atmosphere changed yesterday, with lots of people, lots of strangers
- Charles Dickens, and his relationship with the Medway towns
- Were these the marshes featured in Great Expectations?
- How beautiful the priory is
- A reading from the BPT guide, about St Simon (whose skull is in the reliquary at the priory)
- A look through photos of the inside of the priory that people have kindly posted online
Video (today in full)
Weather report (real world)
Sunny, relatively warm, bit cooler than yesterday mind you.
+From Aylesford to Newington
Every weekday in April, 14.30 to 15.15 UK time. Just one week to go.
Participants: get in touch to join me “on camera” (via Zoom). This would be a lot more fun. Don’t be shy.Tweet