In which we start where we stopped on Day 2, St Marks Place in north Kensington.
Where we went
- From autumn to summer, in Blenheim Crescent (jump to 6 mins 30 seconds in the video below)
- From the scruffier part of Ladbroke Grove, over the hill to the smarter bit, and the police station (14 mins 20 secs);
- Through Notting Hill Gate (16m 12s);
- The Round Pond in Hyde Park (20m 35s);
- Knightsbridge, and a tiny detour to my therapist’s office (24m);
- Holy Trinity Sloane Square, the so-called Arts and Crafts Cathedral (26m 50s).
- the stunning difficulty of choosing stories about an area that I happen to know well;
- the reason pilgrims followed traditional pathways, and why I’m following Google instead;
- the identity of the garden that Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts broke into in the film Notting Hill;
- the names of some of my schoolfriends, and the places where they lived;
- what has happened in the 10 years since Google captured this photo (above) of the Round Pond in Hyde Park
- my 2018 breakdown, and subsequent therapy;
- the church I used to sit in because it’s cheaper than sitting in cafes, and the artworks inside it
Summer to autumn in one second
Jump the red light!
Going back in time
I came here for therapy
Churches are free
Today in full
Bright, but still very cold on my (real, actual foot-to-pavement) walk outside.
Spectators: this is live on Facebook every weekday in April, 14.30 to 15.15 UK time.
Participants: get in touch if you’d like to join me “on camera” (via Zoom). This would be a lot more fun. Don’t be shy.