Imagine if every time you made a speech, or wrote something, you could instantly inspire, educate and persuade your audience and readers.
I can help you do that.
I’m an award-winning journalist, author and performer.
As a writer and editor on The Financial Times and The Sunday Times, I specialised in long narratives, spending months on a story.
One, about a little-known charity, raised £500,000 – without even asking for money. That’s how powerful storytelling can be.
Writers assess my writing
“Very good. Very funny… In fact, it made me laugh”
- Harold Pinter, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature
“One of the best feature writers on Fleet Street, John-Paul can turn his hand to just about anything”
- Eleanor Mills, Sunday Times Magazine editor
Bring it to life
I use all kinds of exercises when I’m teaching storytelling.
The exercises teach you about:
- leadership and relationships,
- the art of persuasion, and
- how to put human experience at the heart of everything.
“Like Brene Brown, but with more physical comedy…”
– Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Big Magic
“Amazing. We thought you would be quite good but had no idea how good. The exercises were a great way for people to engage with each other, and taught us a lot about ourselves”
- Steve Vrnakis, head of Google Creative Labs
“You really helped us to think about how we engage with individual donors – thank you”
– Great Ormond Street Hospital fundraising division
“The brand managers absolutely loved it. I’ve never had such a positive reaction to an expert before”
- Unilever, food division
Click HERE for more consultancy clients.
Work with me
I’ve published five books in 16 languages: two memoirs, a novel, and two books of non-fiction.
I’ve spoken about them to audiences on four continents.
I also do events online. Click HERE to find out more.
“John-Paul Flintoff is the most practical dreamer I know”
– Philippa Perry, BBC Television
“It’s not often we have a paragon on the show… very funny”
– Jane Garvey, BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour